Table of Contents
A comprehensive course on how to do scalable database design in Bubble.io, based on thousands of hours of building experience and advice from Bubble database experts.
This course covers database design, the best ways to link data, how to build for scalability and performance, when to use options sets, advanced tips, real-life examples, when to use external databases, and much more.
It is designed for beginner to intermediate Bubble builders.
Who is it for?
This course is for you if:
- You’re a beginner or intermediate Bubble builder
- You need help figuring out how to structure your database, such as deciding between a field or a new data type, or working out how best to link data types together
- You want to understand how data requests work in Bubble
- You want to optimise the load speed and scalability of your Bubble app
What’s in the course?
This course goes from complete beginners up to advanced intermediates and covers the following topics:
- Introduction to databases, how they work and how they’re structured
- Designing databases in Bubble - a simple way to think about designing a database from scratch, and how databases work in Bubble specifically
- Linking data - the pros and cons of each method of linking data types in Bubble, and which one you should use for each situation
- Performance - how database decisions affect performance in your app, and how to make sure your database performs well
- Option sets - what they are, when to use them, and when not to use them
- Real-life examples - we’ll apply everything we’ve learned so far by designing the databases for three popular apps
- External databases - should you consider using an external database like Xano or should you stick to Bubble’s own internal database?
How to purchase the course